How to Transfer OneDrive Files to another Account Office 365
OneDrive is the most popular platform for sharing and storing files in the cloud that users and businesses use. Users can save and access files using any internet-connected device remotely. Sometimes it is required to Transfer OneDrive Files to Another Account in Office 365, and this is not so complex. This article will cover the Cross-Tenant OneDrive to OneDrive migration through Mover.io, its difficulties, and recommended measures to take while performing migration of OneDrive for business across Office 365 tenants.
Cross-tenant OneDrive migration is the process of transferring data from one Office 365 OneDrive to another Office 365 OneDrive. This needs to be done to transfer data between Office 365 tenants and OneDrive if two businesses merge or a person changes their employer or email address. The migration procedure must be carefully planned and carried out to prevent data loss or corruption out. This process is time-consuming. We will use Mover.io to migrate OneDrive content, a third-party service that is absolutely free. Let’s see how to transfer files from OneDrive to another OneDrive user account in Microsoft Office 365.
OneDrive to OneDrive Migration Difficulties
Cross-tenant OneDrive migration involves several difficulties, including the following:
Data Security: While transferring files from OneDrive to another OneDrive associated with Microsoft 365 tenants, sensitive data is transferred. If sufficient security measures are not implemented, data during the move may be unprotected.
Data Loss: Data loss may happen if the cross-tenant OneDrive migration process is not performed correctly. This could affect business working as their sensitive data is lost or some files may be corrupted.
Technical Difficulty: Cross-tenant OneDrive migration is a complex method, especially if you do not have the required knowledge. It is necessary to have technical proficiency and knowledge of the migration procedure.
Best Measures to Transfer OneDrive Files to Another Account
Cross-Tenant OneDrive migration is not a complex method. It is better to consider some practices while performing OneDrive to OneDrive migration. Check some measures below that need to be considered while performing OneDrive migration for business.
Plan Ahead: A successful migration requires a proper plan to execute. Make sure you have a clear overview of how many users OneDrive you need to migrate to another Office 365 tenant and to stop using that OneDrive before starting the cross-tenant OneDrive migration process to ensure complete data transfer.
Choose the Right Migration Method: Choosing the correct migration method to transfer OneDrive files to another account is very important for successful data transfer. Mover.io is the best option for OneDrive to OneDrive migration and is free.
Test the Migration: Testing the migration process is very important to identifying and resolving any issues while performing Cross-Tenant OneDrive Migration. This will help minimize downtime and ensure the successful migration of OneDrive data.
Monitor the Migration: It is important to monitor the migration to check if the OneDrive migration is not showing any errors or if the data is migrating. Also, check the time consumed in the successful migration of OneDrive to plan it accordingly for the future.
Steps to transfer OneDrive files to another OneDrive account
First, you must fulfill some requirements before performing the Cross-Tenant OneDrive migration process. Below are some prerequisites that need to be performed before the OneDrive migration process.
Some Tasks to consider before moving OneDrive files
- Make sure to create all users whose OneDrive data must be migrated to the target tenant.
- Assign the proper licenses to each user in the target tenant.
- Make sure source OneDrive accounts are set to Read/Write both.
Perform Actual Migration to transfer files from OneDrive to another OneDrive
Once you have fulfilled all the requirements, you can go with the steps below to start the Cross-Tenant OneDrive Migration. Follow the steps carefully given below.
- Visit mover.io and click on “Go to our solutions for individuals and students”.
- A new window will open, click on “Go to Transfer Wizard” and login with any Microsoft account (personal or business) or create one if you do not have one.
- Once you logged in it will take you to the Transfer Wizard. Under Select Source click on the Authorize New Connector.
- Now Authorize Source Connector will open, choose OneDrive for Business (Single User) to transfer OneDrive files to another user in Office 365.
- In the next window, choose the display name and click on Authorize button.
- Once you click on the Authorize button, it will take you to the Microsoft Login page. Login with source user Office 365 account.
- Once you log in, it will take you back to the Transfer wizard. Your source OneDrive data will be shown on the screen.
Now click on the Authorize New Connector under Select Destination and choose OneDrive for Business and login with the Target user credentials.
- Once Source and Target accounts are connected, you will see an option “Start Transferring” on the right side. Here click on the Start Copy to perform the migration of OneDrive from one tenant to another.
- Once you will click on the Start Copy, it will start the migration process and you can see the detailed status in the next window. Once completed it will show the status as complete.
Using the above procedure one can easily transfer OneDrive files to another account using mover.io. To migrate Google Workspace Drive content, visit Google Workspace Drive Content to OneDrive.
Some Words about Mover.io
Mover.io is a great tool for OneDrive to OneDrive migration, but it does have some limitations. It only supports one-time migrations and cannot be used to automate recurring transfers or keep data in sync over time. Additionally, Mover can take longer time than other third-party paid solutions. But migrating OneDrive content using Mover.io is worth as it is free of cost and also cloud-based. It does not require you to install any application to your system.
We hope that this article has provided you with a clear understanding of the benefits and procedure for migrating your files from OneDrive to another OneDrive through Mover.io. Whether you are a small business owner or an IT professional, this solution can make your life easier and more organized. With its seamless integration and simple steps, it’s no wonder why Mover.io has become one of the most popular choices for OneDrive migration. So what are you waiting for? Try it out.
Read more: Office 365 Tenant to Tenant Migration